CAMP HILL, Pa., July 19, 2017 – On Monday, The AMES Companies, Inc. (AMES), founded in 1774 and a wholly owned subsidiary of Griffon Corporation (NYSE: GFF), represented the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania at the White House Made in America Product Showcase. Ames, the third oldest brand in America, and the nation’s leading manufacturer of landscaping and gardening tools, has a rich history of building America and manufacturing in the United States.
AMES wheelbarrows, manufactured in Harrisburg, PA, were featured in the White House Made in America Product Showcase. The AMES Companies has been manufacturing wheelbarrows in Harrisburg for almost 100 years. Ames is the oldest and largest wheelbarrow manufacturer in the United States, producing one wheelbarrow every six seconds.
“We were honored to represent Pennsylvania and the state’s remarkable history of manufacturing at the White House Made in America Product Showcase,” said Mark Traylor, President of The AMES Companies. “Moreover, we are encouraged by the administration’s commitment to reviving America’s manufacturing base and renegotiating international trade deals to create a free and fair trade environment.”
The Made in America Product Showcase highlighted and celebrated “each state’s effort and commitment to American made products by bringing in and showing off products from all 50 states that are made and produced in the United States,” according to a statement by the White House.
Although AMES has become a global company since its humble beginnings back in 1774, the company remains committed to manufacturing in the USA. The AMES Companies manufacturing capabilities include 12 facilities across seven states, and include woodturning, steel forming, steel forging, metal stamping, tempering, welding, injection molding and assembly.
The AMES Companies, Inc., founded in 1774, is the leading U.S. manufacturer and a global provider of long-handled tools and landscaping products for homeowners and professionals. Headquartered in Camp Hill, PA, the company manufactures and markets a wide variety of long-handled tools, wheelbarrows, cutting tools, garden hoses and hose accessories, striking tools, snow tools, decorative garden accessories and planters. AMES’ brands are among the most recognized across their primary product categories. Its brand portfolio includes AMES®, True Temper®, Razor-Back® Professional Tools, Jackson® Professional Tools, Southern Patio®, UnionTools®, Dynamic Design®, Garant®, Westmix™, Kelso™, Cyclone®, Nylex®, Northcote™ and Hills®.
About Griffon Corporation
Griffon is a diversified management and holding company conducting business through wholly-owned subsidiaries. Griffon oversees the operations of its subsidiaries, allocates resources among them and manages their capital structures. Griffon provides direction and assistance to its subsidiaries in connection with acquisition and growth opportunities as well as in connection with divestitures. In order to further diversify, Griffon also seeks out, evaluates and, when appropriate, will acquire additional businesses that offer potentially attractive returns on capital.
Headquartered in New York, NY, the Company was founded in 1959 and is incorporated in Delaware. Griffon is listed on the New York Stock Exchanges and trades under the symbol GFF.
Griffon currently conducts its operations through three reportable segments:
- Home & Building Products consists of two companies, The AMES Companies, Inc. (“AMES”) and Clopay Building Products Company, Inc. (“CBP”):
○ AMES, founded in 1774, is the leading U.S. manufacturer and a global provider of long-handled tools and landscaping products for homeowners and professionals.
○ CBP, since 1964, is a leading manufacturer and marketer of residential and commercial garage doors and sells to professional dealers and some of the largest home center retail chains in North America.
- Telephonics Corporation, founded in 1933, is recognized globally as a leading provider of highly sophisticated intelligence, surveillance and communications solutions for defense, aerospace and commercial customers.
- Clopay Plastic Products Company, Inc., incorporated in 1934, is a global leader in the development and production of embossed, laminated and printed specialty plastic films for hygienic, health-care and industrial products and sells to some of the world’s largest consumer products companies.
For more information on Griffon and its operating subsidiaries, please see the Company’s website at www.griffon.com.